Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DirecTV Everywhere VOD and live TV streaming finally arrives on the iPhone

DirecTV Everywhere VOD and live TV streaming finally arrives on the iPhone

After debuting them on iPad and Android, DirecTV has finally brought "Everywhere" features to the iPhone. That includes video on demand access to a number of shows and movies no matter where you are, as well as the in-home only live TV streaming feature previously seen on the iPad (but not on Android, yet.) DirecTV has also added its own exclusive Audience Network to the list of streaming channels which should add additional content to watch. The one drawback? Like many other TV provider apps, we're hearing this one isn't meant to work on jailbroken devices and after users update it won't even open, cutting off other features like DVR scheduling. If that's not a problem, grab version 2.2 at the source link below and input your DirecTV account info to get started.

[Thanks, Brian]

Filed under: , , ,

DirecTV Everywhere VOD and live TV streaming finally arrives on the iPhone originally appeared on Engadget on Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:18:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink   |  sourceiTunes  | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/19/directv-everywhere-iphone/

SAIC SATYAM COMPUTER SERVICES SES SHAW COMMUNICATIONS

1 comment:

  1. You can tell how much work DirecTV put into the iPhone app, it took them almost a year after they released it on the iPad to release it on the iPhone so it must be better. I admit it got like 100% better, before this update there was no live streaming channels outside the house, and now there is one. I mean how often can you say you increased you streaming 100%? Granted they still have 49 channels that stream in the house only, but if you want to finish what you are watching you best sit down on the couch in the living room and watch it on your phone. I prefer keeping my mobile device mobile, so I have always looks for apps that work anywhere to match my mobile lifestyle. I think everyone should have access to the television they pay for whenever they want it, not just when they are at home in front of the television. I purchased a sling adapter a couple of years ago when I started working at DISH. I thought it would come in handy since I was never home, but between work and school what can you expect. Working through the Dish Remote Access app, it allows me to stream all of my live subscription channels and recorded shows to my mobile device no matter where I am giving me control over my free time.

    ReplyDelete